BOSTON (AP) — The Milwaukee Bucks are still alive in the NBA playoffs, but star Giannis Antetokounmpo is already joking about his plans for next year.
After scoring 40 points to help the Bucks take a 3-2 lead over Boston in the Eastern Conference semifinals on Wednesday night, the two-time MVP asked reporters out of the blue: “If I don’t play after this season, do I still get paid? Do you guys know how it works?”
Antetokounmpo, 27, was asked how he would spend his sabbatical.
“If I take a year off, what would I do?“ he repeated. “I would disappear. I would go to an island in Greece, stay with my family and disappear for a year.”
As he walked off, he added: “I’m being serious.”
More AP NBA: https://apnews.com/hub/nba and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
- Weekly Climate and Energy News Roundup #504
- Axcella Announces Upcoming Investor Conference Presentation - Oct 05,…
- UPDATE: Galectin Therapeutics to Participate in the H.C. Wainwright 5…
- Surrozen Presented Data Supporting Potential of SZN-1326 at the 2021 …
- Gearing up for Clinical Trials, BioGenCell Appoints David Raab and Ni…