Louis Vuittonspring/summer and autumn/winter traditional programs of Paris Fashion Week believably beautiful, but Cruise’s collections are particularly interesting to follow because they are placed in a different corner of the world every year. Nicolas Ghesquière has previously held shows en route to Rio de Janeiro, Monaco, New York City, and Palm Springs, and this year, he chose San Diego, California (I’m glad it’s his hometown. I!).
On Thursday, May 12, at 6:45 p.m. PT/9:45 p.m. ET, Louis Vuitton will stream the Cruise 2023 collection from the Salk Institute in La Jolla. Once an architecture enthusiast, Ghesquière chose the location for the striking brutalist structure designed by Louis Kahn in 1965 — and the ocean views certainly didn’t matter. The Salk Institute was founded by Jonas Salk, best known for inventing the polio vaccine and conducting cutting-edge scientific research. Watch the live stream below.
TagsFashion Week Industry News Louis Vuitton run Runway Who wears what?
- NSW announces new inquiry into Kathleen Folbigg’s conviction over her…
- Plantwatch: the plants that kill their insect pollinators
- Convicted killer charged with heading COVID-19 fraud scam
- Buffalo shooting leaves neighborhood without a grocery store
- Midterm updates | Idaho Gov. Little defeats Trump-backed foe